So there I was, running my bubble bath, when I got the urge to just go and check on my blog and a few of your posts. Before I knew it, I had sat down on my chair, and got so engrossed, that I forgot about the bath water. Suddenly I remembered, and rushed through to the bathroom just in the nick of time before the water had quite reached the rim and started to trickle down the sides. Phew!! That was a narrow escape.
This isn’t the first time I’ve almost had a disaster because of my blogging addiction. I usually do the ironing next to my desk, so that I can have a quick squiz at my computer screen in between shirts and pillow cases. I have a burnt patch on my ironing board from when I just popped the iron down to read someone’s post, and promptly forgot about it. I’ve had Banana Walnut Muffins that were in the oven for a little too long.
I’ve also had overdone Chocolate Brownies that were rather crisp around the edges. (These aren’t they, as I only photograph my perfect specimens).
I know you probably aren’t going to believe me, but as I was typing this, I smelled burning toast and raced downstairs to rescue my lunch before it totally incinerated. Have you ever had any near disasters because you’ve been focusing on your blog rather than on ‘more important matters’? Do tell.